Link building for SEO is super important.
You are going to learn how to do link building for seo.
IF ALL IS EQUAL – THE NUMBER/QUALITY OF BACKLINKS WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RANKING.
To be equal you must:
- Have the same quality content (well optimized and consider; content length, uniqueness, load speed, uniqueness, mobile friendly)
- Have the same number of internal links (use exact match anchors)
- Social media mentions (brand exposure)
Link building for SEO is the practice of getting links from other websites to yours.
Every digital marketer and website owner should be looking at SEO and link building to improve traffic to their website.
Why build backlinks?
Backlinks are an important factor to a search engines algorithm.
The links determine which website to rank higher than another website.
A link acts as a positive signal to the search engine that the website is a good resource.
In most cases, sites with better and more backlinks will rank higher.
There are things you should be aware of when building backlinks.
It’s not as straight forward as you might think.
If you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines you will earn backlinks and not build them.
You will not try to manipulate the search results in any way.
However, if you don’t have rankings and traffic how can your site gain those links?
You have to start somewhere, you need those eyes on your website to get those links in place.
So, whenever you build a backlink to your website yourself you are going against Google guidelines.
Whenever you buy backlinks to your website you are going against Google guidelines.
Whenever you do those two things you are taking a risk.
The trick is to lower the risks and avoid being caught building or buying links yourself.
If you get it wrong you can risk having your site being completely removed from the Google search results pages altogether.
The best backlinks you can get are from quality aged sites, the link will be contextual on a niche related site.
The guide below will help you gain backlinks and lowering the risks.
Does link building still work?
It sure does and always will do. You can see the proof in on our web 2.0 link wheel tutorial.
Keep in mind that you need these backlinks to rank higher, there is no other way around it.
What is Link Building?
It is very important in this stage of SEO to build and earn high quality backlinks.
This is not going to change, so take note and take action.
It’s the only way you are going to change your current rankings.
Link building is attaining hyperlinks from one website to the website you own.
The link helps web surfers navigate around the web from one web page to another.
A search engine (like Google) will crawl these websites and follow the links.
The backlink is in most cases (not always) registered by the search engine bot as a positive vote for the landing website.
The link tells the search engine that it is a good resource on that particular subject.
People working in SEO know that link building is the hardest part.
It is very time consuming, the time it takes to rank top varies depending on the search term used and the authority of the ranking website.
Mastering the art of link building will put you ahead of your competition.
How does natural link building work?
There is no such thing. A natural link should some without any influence from yourself.
To help your website get links naturally you need eyeballs on your site.
You can do this through social media promotion, as outlined below.
What is a Link Building Campaign?
A link building campaign is an activity of attaining backlinks to a website to rank it higher in the search engine results pages for a particular keyword.
Backlinks are very important, a good campaign can reap big rewards for a website, increased traffic, sales and sign up’s.
Before you start any link building campaign you need to know what an html link looks like, follow the link for that.
Does number of domain count seo link building?
Yes the number of referring domains counts to help website ranking.
Try to get backlinks from many different websites on different IP’s.
If the links come from the same IP they are regarded as 1 backlink.
What The Links Show The Search Engines
The links are used in two ways by search engines:
- To follow and discover new websites/content to index
- To help them understand what websites are about and how they should appear in the SERP’s
When a new website/page is discover it will appear in the search index (not always – if duplicate content is used it might not appear).
The link will also help the search engine bot rank the landing website/page based on the anchor text used and the quality of the site the link comes from.
What’s also important to take note of:
- The number of links that point to the website/page that link to the site/page that links to yours
- It’s just a bot (it uses backlinks to determine the quality of the landing page – even if the content is not as good as the other content out there you can rank higher with them)
- A link is a vote for your website, the bot is programmed to evaluate a link (in most cases) as a good signal to rank a website higher (people would not link to a website if it was not good)
- Be aware that Google bot is updated to try and discover sites that are trying to manipulate their rankings
- Some backlinks (like directories) are not as powerful as they once were. They are easy to get and although do help are not as good as they once were
- If you overuse certain link building techniques your website will get penalized, you are leaving a big footprint that you are going against Google guidelines
- Link building is still and probably always will be the most important and influential part of SEO
The more higher quality links that you get, the higher your website ranking will be.
What You Need to Know About NoFollow Backlinks
Some links will have what is known as the “nofollow” attribute.
The tells the search engine bot not to follow that link, the search spider will not go to that website.
The link to any website user will look like any other link. To the search bot it is very different.
These links are important too, any natural backlink profile will have nofollow and dofollow links.
If the link has a Brand mention in the anchor it will help you online presence.
Of course the rank juice does not flow, the backlinks that point to the page that links to yours pass power, this will not be the case on a nofollow link.
What builds link juice?
If the page your backlink comes from to your website has lots of backlinks pointing to it too, the rank juice is greater.
To build rank juice you can use a tiered link building strategy. Build backlinks to your backlinks.
The nofollow link is mostly used on free to edit websites where people can add backlinks to their website for free, these websites can’t be monitored and therefore place a nofollow link.
A nofollow link will also be used an advertising banners, these are paid links on websites and therefore should not help ranking by passing juice.
For any link building campaign to be be successful you need the majority of the backlink to be dofollow.
How Can Links Benefit Your Business?
As you now know, the links will help your website rank higher in the search engines.
Ranking higher for good high traffic search terms can turn a small business into big business.
- Build your brand and build relationships with other businesses in your niche
- Bring lots more referral traffic to your website
Building relationships with key influencers in your industry is very important.
This may bring you the best backlinks you can get, niche related contextual ones.
However, it not just about the links, it’s about building your brand and increasing it’s authority.
A link from a big site in your niche will not only help ranking, it will bring referral traffic too.
Relevant traffic will increase sales/sign up’s and that’s what it’s all about in the end.
The end goal is to make more traffic/money, keep this in mind.
Think about the return on your time/cash investment into link building.
Everything that you do should be focused around the end result, more traffic/money.
Just one guest post on a niche related website can be a game changer.
With each link that is built you need to build your brand awareness, show that you too are an influencer in your niche.
Before you start the link building strategy think about this:
YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING WORTH LINKING TO.
How to incentize link building?
- Have good quality content.
- Get eyes on your content through social media promotion.
If your content is good then the chances of you ranking top are increased ten fold.
Take a look at the Google Search quality Guidelines.
How to know if the links you build will have a positive or negative impact on my serp?
- For a positive impact the link must index (if Google bot does not know they exist nothing will happen)
- The backlink is best from a niche related site (preferably contextual)
- Backlinks must come from different referring IP’s – check website IP address.
As search evolves you need to think about E-A-T (expert, authoritative and trustworthy).
Backlinks from authoritative and trustworthy experts in your niche have more value.
Your site should be created with this in mind too.
links from quality sites that are niche related will always get you a positive impact on your ranking, you must make sure that they index.
How to outsource link building?
Link building is very time consuming, as you are about to find out.
How to hire outsourcing link building:
You can outsource link building to us right here at Rankers Paradise.
You have two options:
The monthly seo packages take care of everything, on-site and off-site SEO.
Our services in our SEO store take care of on-site and off-site SEO separately.
The lowest cost option depends on your website and how many keywords you are targeting.
When you outsource link building be very wary, one bad link can hurt your website.
Only go with people you are confident with, take a look around their website.
If that’s ranking for keywords then you know they can do the same for you too.
I often wonder why people hire SEO agencies that pull their traffic from advertising and not the organic SERP’s. You have no proof that they can do the job, so why hire them?
SEO Link Building Strategy
What is a link building strategy?
A link building strategy is a road map of links to build to your website to achieve a top search engine ranking for your selected keywords.
You can use the strategy below to build backlinks to your website.
It’s good practice to look at the backlinks that point to the top ranking site for your keyword.
You can use backlinkshitter.com to see all sites that backlink to your competitors.
Here are the most important ranking factors you need to be aware of:
- Optimized Content (doesn’t need to be long – needs to solve or answer a question/problem)
- Page Load Time
- User Stats (bounce rate, time on site etc)
- Secure Site (https)
- Mobile Friendly
- Social Media Outreach
The single most important ranking factor is the backlinks you have.
I have seen websites (you will have too) ranking top with poor content just because they have better backlinks.
Is link building better than content?
In many cases it is yes. This is how websites with poor content can rank top.
It’s good to have quality well optimized content in place too.
If you go ahead and get more backlinks you are going to rank higher, as long as you follow a few guidelines.
A good place to start is to analyse the link popularity of the top ranking sites for your search terms.
Ask yourself these two questions:
- How many backlinks do the top sites have?
- Where are there links coming from?
This gives you a good idea of what you need to rank your website top for that search term.
To avoid getting penalized when building backlinks you need to consider:
- The anchor text of the inbound links
- The trust and authority of the linking site
- The niche of the linking site (the best backlinks are contextual ones from niche related sites)
If you can get external sites to link to your pages then your website will rank higher.
How To Build External Links for SEO?
Follow the steps below to start your link building campaign.
It’s easiest to start with the links you can get right now for free.
When those are complete you can move onto the next level.
Make sure your content is well optimized for your keyword too.
For details on how to write content that will rank top follow the link.
The basics involve analysing the content that is already ranking top and making yours better.
The following is a great way on how to build backlinks to a blog. Go step by step and you can rank top.
Step 1: Internal Links
How to start link building: Internal links is the very best place to start your link building campaign.
This is often over looked, but is powerful and important.
You should always use exact match anchors on your internal links, give a very strong signal to Google Bot what your exact target keyword is.
Make sure that the internal link goes on a post/page that is related and ensure it is contextual.
You can also ensure that the linking page has quality content and is well optimized.
If you are looking for a quick ranking boost, look at the power of internal links.
You have no excuses, go and do them now, tomorrow you will be ranking higher.
Yes, these links are influential and do make a big difference in website ranking.
Step 2: Social Media
To start getting eyeballs on your website pages you can promote it on social media.
You can do this yourself by signing up to the following social media platforms:
Does social media promotion help build backlinks?
Yes it does, you can start building backlinks on social media right away.
These backlinks index right away and social media platforms are crawled often by search engine bots.
Some social platforms like Linkedin allow you to post full articles on them.
Backlinks on these high authority sites will not harm your ranking.
On some social media platforms like Linkedin, you can post content on them. This is a good place to start.
How to do link building on Linkedin?
- Sign up for your account
- Go to your Linkedin feed page
- Click on “write and article on Linkedin”
- Click the “+” button to add your featured image
- Add your heading (it’s good seo practice to have your keyword in the heading)
- Write your content (highlight the text you want to backlink to your website and click the link icon on the tool bar and enter your web address).
That’s it, you now have a backlink from the high authority social media platform Linkedin.
When you post your website on these platforms you get a backlink, if you do it right you will get traffic too.
This starts the process of gaining backlinks naturally, without building them yourself.
If you join and post in the right groups on Facebook you will most definitely get traffic.
Social signals like this will help your website ranking.
These will never hurt your ranking and is completely natural.
You are sharing your website on social media, this is okay and 100% safe to complete.
The more you work on this the more chance you have to earn links and rank higher.
This is a good way to start any link building campaign.
A good strategy is to use influencers to do shout out’s for you on social media, this can get you traction really quickly.
Step 3: Free Backlinks
There are websites that will allow you to post content/backlinks for free.
Because anyone can get these links with ease they are not considered high quality.
However, if your content is good and the competition have few backlinks, they can rank you top (we have proven this).
Your options for free backlinks are listed below.
Where to build links in 2019 and 2020 and beyond:
- YouTube – create a video and link to your website from the description area. You can rank your video high and pass the traffic to your website (great for brand promotion).
- Web 2.0 backlinks – these are from free sub domain website like wix.com and weebly.com.
- Doc shares sites
- Image sharing sites
- Blog comments
- Social Bookmarks
- Business citations
- Edu and Gov websites
- Profile backlinks – use sites like TED and Microsoft for free profile account links
- Social Links – as mentioned above
How to build basic links for new site seo?
- Sign up to free blogging/website platforms – see web 2.0 blog lists here.
- Write unique niche related content
- Post the content on the free website including backlink
- Post the blog post URL’s on social media to ensure they index in the SERP’s
Backlinks from these platforms will not hurt your ranking if you use the correct anchors.
Do not use too many exact match anchors.
Does commenting on news sites with link to site build back links?
Yes this builds backlinks from high authority sites.
Check the blog comments are dofollow and you are good to rank up.
Are forums still ok for seo link building?
Yes, make sure they are niche related if you can and get dofollow links most of the time.
- The easiest way to find niche forums is to search on Google.
- Type in your keyword(s) with “forum”. For example, if you’re in the mobile phone niche and specialize in iphone’s, search “iphone mobile phone + forum”.
Remember that publishing good unique content on these platforms will help them to index.
If they do not index then Google does not know that the backlink exists and therefore it will not help your ranking.
Step 4: Guest Posts
These are going to be the best of the best backlinks that you can get.
You are going to find quality sites in your niche and ask them for a backlink on their website.
The best way to get these accepted is to write quality content for their website (with backlink inserted).
This takes time and effort, but just one backlink published on a niche related high quality website can rank you top.
Put the effort into this and you will reap big rewards at the end.
Try to get guest posts on niche related websites, the older they are the better.
You can perform a simple search string to find sites that accept guest posts in your niche:
Go to any search engine and enter your niche (keyword) plus “guest post”.
Send them an email with your content, in most cases they will accept it if they have a blog.
How to write a great link building email?
- Keep the email short and precise (no-one will read through a long email)
- Make sure you include a clear call to action
Here is a good example:
I am writing a well-researched blog post on the topic [Blog Post Title] which will be a great addition to your site.
Here are the links of my few latest blog posts:
Do you mind if I send you the draft to publish on your site?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks and Regards,
What blog owner would not want quality unique content for free?
So make sure it is just that, quality.
Step 5: Private Blog Networks (PBN’s)
This is the most risky way to build backlinks.
You have many footprints to cover, Google bot can easily track a link from a PBN website.
To ensure your PBN websites do not leave any footprints you need to do the following:
- Use different registrars (register domains on different dates)
- Make sure you use “Who Is Privacy” on all domains
- Use different nameservers
- Use different domain extensions (don’t use .com all the time)
- Use good hosting (we recommend seekahost.com – we have tried and tested they are good)
- Have sites on different IP’s (seekahost package takes care of this)
- Mix up server locations
- Do not block crawling bots
- If you use WordPress use different themes and plugins
- Don’t put tracking links on there (like ads or affiliate links with same tracking codes)
- Don’t have full posts on the homepage of all sites
- Use decent content – have posts at different lengths
- Don’t just link out to one site only on each post
- Add internal links where possible
- Do not interlink the PBN’s
Try to make the PBN look like a real site, that way you will avoid a penalty.
The big positives to PBN links is that you own the sites and control the links.
They do take time and will cost you money to set up and keep running.
It is very important to do a return on investment check before you go down this channel.
Things to think about:
- Will these backlinks rank you top? (are the links as good as the top ranked site?)
- Will the keyword that you rank top for bring you traffic and make you money? Know your keyword value.
- How much will the PBN cost to keep going monthly?
- How much will I make monthly from a top ranking?
- Will I make a net profit from a top ranking?
Planning is key, this will stop you wasting your time and money.
How to build strong links:
- Find high authority expired domains for backlinks
- Put the backlinks surrounded by content on niche related sites
This is most definitely the fastest way to build strong backlinks.
Step 6: Broken Link Building
What is broken link building?
It is the process of finding sites in your niche that link to websites that have been taken down. You ask them to replace the broken link with a link to your website via email.
The success rate is high, you are helping them fix a broken link on their website.
This is how we do broken link building here at Rankers Paradise:
- Go to https://www.expireddomains.net/
- Enter your niche keyword in the search bar and hit the “search” button.
- Pop the URL’s into https://backlinkshitter.com/ one by one
- Contact each site telling them about the broken link, remember to tell them to replace that link with yours. Keep your email brief and straight to the point.
That’s it, a great way to get quality niche related contextual backlinks fast.
Is there a link building tool or software that for quality tier one backlinks?
The best option is to do everything manual.
How to speed up link building efforts:
- You can use the software listed below
- You can outsource your link building
If you really need to speed up your backlink building you can use:
From much experience it is best in the long term to do everything manual.
Backlinks generated with software will eventually drop, if they do index they will fall out of the index that’s for sure.
Your software will need to be running non stop to continue replacing the lost links and dropped links.
If you don’t have time use our link building services in our SEO store.
Your money will be better invested that way rather than into SEO software.
That’s from our experience, you might think different on this.
How long does it take for link building to help with google rankings?
This is different for every website out there.
A typical link building campaign can improve a website ranking in 1 to 2 weeks.
It depends on when the backlinks index and on what platforms.
A brand new website/page can achieve top Google ranking in as little as 3 months.
That’s if the top ranking sites have few backlinks themselves and your content is better than theirs.
More competitive search terms will take anywhere between 6 and 18 months to rank top.
There is one thing for certain, if you keep the backlinks flowing you will rank top.
This is what we offer on our monthly seo packages.
How To Starta Link Building Business?
When you have everything in place mentioned above you can start a link building business.
All you need is a WordPress website set up and ready to take payments through PayPal.
You can even become a Rankers Paradise reseller and make money promoting our link building services.
How to start link building service:
First you need to sign up to our dropshipping seo service.
This gives you 40% off everything in our seo store.
You put all our services on your seo website, we can build the website for you (details on the dropshipping page).
When you sell a service at your selected price you come back here and purchase at a discounted rate.
You don’t need to do any of the work, leave all that to us. You simply make profit 🙂
Of course you can do the work yourself.
You can sell the link building strategies mentioned here.
What is SEO link building / earning?
This depends on the traffic you have coming to your website.
If you have 100 visitors a day to your website with a 1% conversion rate you will make 1 sale per day.
Even poor websites achieve a 1% conversion rate, this is a very conservative estimate.
If you see a $300 SEO package every day you will make $2100 per week.
Getting 100 daily website visitors is not a difficult task.
Anyone can do this with good keyword research and quality content and promotion.
As you can tell just by that one simple calculation, working in SEO can be very lucrative.